Click my blog ads!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

TAIWAN DAY 1 ♥


Finally, it is the day that me, Lilian, Eldon, Vivien, Miao Ling, Wei Yang, Yi Hui, Jane and Lydia had been waiting for! We are heading to a 5 Days 4 Nights Educational Trip to Taiwan! (:

Some unhappy things happened in the morning, which delayed Lilian's, Vivien's and my journey to Changi Airport. Luckily, the traffic was still quite smooth and Mummy managed to reach Terminal 3 early; Swing and Sheridin came along to send me off too. 

♥ Changi Airport


Took a photo of Vivien and Lydia in Changi Airport's toilet - wonderful lighting!
 

Back to Wang Cafe where Swing, Sheridin and Mummy were having breakfast:

The others who were waiting at Wang Cafe as well before entering departure gates:

Took some photos moments before we head to departure gates:

As usual, the school wants to see these group shots:
Too many cameras to look at. I don't know which to post so I just posted all.


Our boarding passes! (:

Wave goodbye, hugs and finally we got into the departure gates and headed up SQ878. It was a very very particular moment for me. This is my 2nd time on plane - the first time was when I was 9, I took SQ to Perth with my grandparents.


♥ Singapore Airlines

Motion sickness is my biggest worry and I have slight fear of heights. Most of us were not sitting together :( After I settled down, I quickly kept myself entertained with drinks and Mr Popper's Penguins!




We managed to exchange seats with other juniors on board the plane and I had Vivien with me!


Really thankful to Vivien! During the take off, I was so nervous and Vivien kept holding onto my hands and kept encouraging me that it is alright and which were the different sounds we are going to hear and what it means. 
Thank you so much Vivien! <3

After the plane took off, lunch was served. There were 2 meal selections - International and Oriental.

Above is Vivien's Oriental Meal Selection!

Above is my International meal selection!

Was very satisfied with my meal because there was pasta salad, a piece of cheddar cheese and mashed potato! Favourites :D


Sitting beside me, there is also Lydia and Eldon with their meals:


Overall, the plane journey there was rather shaky to me because it is rainy at Taiwan. Poor Vivien was down with motion sickness and for the whole flight we couldn't sleep well at all. I just kept chewing the Mentos candies Swing brought for me to relieve my motion sickness.


♥ Tao Yuan International Airport

When the plane landed, it is a very scary moment for me also. And Vivien was there to calm me down, phew.. Everyone was excited and we quickly entered the custom and head to collect our luggages :D

And headed out of the airport to board our coach bus:


♥ Dinner at City Suite Restaurant

We alighted the bus a distance away from Tao Yuan International Airport, to reach City Suite Hotel for our dinner at their restaurant. The wind was so strong and there was a heavy drizzle! A wide spread of Taiwan-styled dishes was ready for us. Just look!


A big bowl of rice

东坡肉 Dong Po Rou

Abalone with cabbage

Fish

Cabbage, Tau Fu, prawns

Kimchi Soup (More like Perserved Cabbage Soup)

麻坡豆腐 Spicy Tou fu


Our happy faces before dining!

Of course before dining, we look happy. But the helplessness after trying out this dishes was .. totally unexplainable. Maybe it was because we were not used to these Taiwan-styled dishes.

Look at the stylo milo lighting in our coach!


♥ Wu Fen Pu 五分埔 

Super disappointing trip to Wu Fen Pu. It is wholesale day on Mondays so there is nothing much to buy there. There were bikes and trucks together with humans on that same small road, damn pathetic. Raining some more!



Bags of clothes on the floor

Just look at the bike above, just like other trucks and bikes, trying to drive thru all the small alleys and roads.
 Cannot touch the clothes in the bags.


Not much price stated.

Before leaving, Vivien, Miaoling and I visited the public toilet. Wa, gents and ladies together. Tsk tsk.

2 hours of shopping walking in Wu Fen Pu and I only got 2 doggy apparels for Gingin and GuaiGuai. Then we headed back to the coach and proceed to the Hotel.

On the way, I saw the 198 EAT-ALL-YOU-WANT hotpot buffet:

♥ Asia Pacific Hotel @ Dan Shui 淡水

Reached our hotel finally at late 11pm. There is everyone queuing up for our hotel door card and wifi account details. FYI, wifi can only be used at the lobby -.-



Shared a room with Lilian. The room is kinda pretty (:
Our bathroom with doors of NO LOCK. Lol.




Hot flask

Mini fridge


Our wardrobe with mirrors

We headed to Family Mart, their local 7-11 convenience store for some instant noodles so that we can have it when feeling hungry in the night. Family Mart was the only place "alive" around our Hotel by the time we came back from all outings.

I made a big mistake in cooking my instant noodles! :( It was supposed to be dry noodle but I accidentally poured the sauce into the noodle with water. This is baddddd..



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Read my Taiwan travelogue accordingly:
Thanks for reading! (:

6 comments:

Charlie said...

I hardly purchase anything from Wu Fen Pu, overrated for me. I find the stuff @ Xi Men Ding more worth it

yan ping said...

i love wu fen pu! but its like putting your life in danger shopping there! lorries, motorcycles all drive thru that tiny alley its crazy! i didn't even realise they were behind me while i was busy shopping!

Stephanie ZombieRiddled said...

Hi Nath, thanks for the comment! My trip to WuFenPu was during the Monday wholesale day. The staff were busily serving their clients and ignored us most of the time :x My recommendation is Shi Da Night Market, the price is good and can bargain :)

Stephanie ZombieRiddled said...

Hi Yan Ping, I read your Taiwan post also! Not only motorcycles, I saw a truck trying to horn everyone to move away *faints* How's 4 hours plus on budget airlines? No food no drink, I cannot tahan! :/

yan ping said...

@Stephanie yes! shi da's things are prettier and more up to date! :D i spent most of my money at shi da and shih lin.

hahaha. 4 hours on budget was no joke, but lucky during both journeys we were tired out so the time on board was mostly spent on sleeping :)

Stephanie ZombieRiddled said...

@Yan Ping, Haha, then I think I won't be considering budget airlines to taipei, 4 hours ley! :x

Check this out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...