Click my blog ads!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kenny Rogers Roasters @ Holland Village

Holland Vilage's ChipBee Gardens was where I was born and once lived for a really short period of my life before moving to Teck Whye Lane. Holland Road was where my maternal grandmother stayed. I do go back Holland Village every year to visit relatives from my Grandfather's generation and also previously to have family breakfast at a Hong Kong cafe where my dad insist on going once a year. However, ever since the cafe renovated, the price went up but the taste went down. We stop patronising since 2 years ago.

Since Swing had to collect something at Holland Village for her mum, we decided to take a stroll. We spotted Kenny Rogers and recalled our pretty good experience at the Malaysia outlet so we decided to dine there. 

The ambience was really pleasant BUT..

There was only 2 ladies seated at the far right. There was totally NOBODY from Kenny Rogers at all. 

We got ourselves a comfortable corner and sat down. We took some pictures before someone walked out of the kitchen to pass us the menu. 

 Their signature corn muffin was served as an appetizer with no extra charge. 

We ordered our 1/4 chicken set where Mac&Cheese and mashed potato at around SGD25:

In their Malaysian outlet, you're able to choose the type of Chicken; Eg. BBQ or Black Pepper. We didn't have a choice so I supposed it was Black Pepper that I ate. The cheese from Mac&cheese is really thick and cheesy but the pasta were so huge! Bigger than my thumb! It was such a turn off! The gravy of the Mash Potato tasted really weird and we didn't consume it further after the first few spoons.

 They had no ice water even if you are paying for a drink. A bottle of Ice Mountain mineral water cost SGD3 so we order Snapple which was SGD4 and shared.


 Looking really excited to eat it. But this photo was taken before we tried it -.-

Well, we spent more than SGD50 for this meal but we didn't finish it at all.

The expectation we had for their Singapore outlet were too high. We had 1/2 or 1/4 chicken set in Malaysia for RM36/48? With free flow of cold drinks at additional RM5+ and the food taste really good, I was actually craving for it pretty often with the free wifi for me to tweet and whatsapp at City Square JB outlet.

Well, I guess it is the last time to dine in a Kenny Rogers Roasters Singapore.


No comments:

Check this out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...