Click my blog ads!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekends alone

Let me start this post with a quote,
"If you show no interest to the happenings around this world, then, no one in the world will ever be interested in you."
I have gotten this phrase from 藍天蔚 (Mr Blue) of  犀利人妻 (Xi Li Ren Qi) and I find it very inspiring. I tried to recall how my life was when I backed out of all the happenings and toned down to be a workaholic. My life seemed bland until I came back to blog and when Swing and I ventured into our small business.

Swing has been in Bangkok since Friday and I had been having a hard time feeling emptiness in Singapore. Every minute passed like an hour. It was really bad on the first morning where I bought lots of food back from West Mall after tutoring my Korean student. I bought a chicken wing from Old Chang Kee and I got tempted by KFC's double down so I bought the Double Down Meal. Then I headed to Coffeebean to redeem a large Pure Chocolate ice blended from my Coffeebean Card that Maybank gave me after my first eVibes transaction. 


Today, as I headed down to teach my Korean student, I was "welcomed" by this family of monkeys at the bus stop. There were around 5 or 6 of them.


It was drizzling and I do not dare move around the bus stop as they were all heading towards the rubbish bin. Some passer-bys helped me by shoo-ing them away from me and also from the road, as some of them decided to rest on the streets.

 Just look at how destructive they are!

They dug everything out of the rubbish bin, tearing every trash apart. They also played among the trees and kept pulling branches of leaves down. This got me really frightened and my bus was still no where seen. Minutes later, two residents who came to the bus stop told me that they must be really hungry to come out of its comfortable forest to the streets to dig for food. 

Awww, a sense of guilt came over me. We humans have been living too comfortably. Monkeys are just trying to look for food and they are harmless to that certain extent. Maybe it is advisable not to carry a plastic bag, to avoid being the monkey's prey.

After a whole afternoon of tuition, I ended up at Bukit Panjang Plaza to help my client buy an assessment for her child. I have been having this overwhelming feeling to go for a classic manicure and pedicure session since the start of this week. I even felt like going for a sumptuous dinner alone just now. This feeling is totally disturbing. Just as I stepped into a nail parlour and they quoted me $40 for Classic pedicure, I realised I was wearing covered shoes. Everything seemed so unorganised. To curb that uneasiness, I apologised to the staff and took the LRT home to watch Star Awards.

If you follow my tweets, you should know how disappointed I am from Star Awards. Hmm. I shall not go into it because the newspapers are sure to report about it since many on twitter had the same sentiments.

Anway, I had booked my Genting trip for May with Five Stars Tour again. I bought the similar deal that we got previously at $79 for 3D2N. But this time round, Swing and I have decided to extend one more night for $45 per room, so a 4D3N Genting trip will cost us $101.50 per pax with a deluxe room in First World Hotel! 

We extended the trip also because Swing wants to ensure I try out Genting's Theme Park. Urgh. I managed to avoid the theme park trip previously by telling her I don't want to waste one day in the theme park :/ Now that we have 4D3N, I have no no more excuses :(

In early June, I'm also accompanying my Granny and Grand-aunty to go on a 3D2N trip to Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh! Ipoh is so far from Singapore! A car drive takes around 6 hours? But I'm excited to explore Cameron Highlands and back to see other parts of Kuala Lumpur! I will sure do a blog entry for it!

It had been so long since I last wrote a wordy entry like this. Well, the sudden urge of writing (blogging) just had to attack me as I switched my netbook on.

Alright! I shall end with photos of Gingin accompanying Sheridin and I to sleep these days. You can find her on instagram at http://ink361.com/#/tag/tanjinting !
Xoxo!

No comments:

Check this out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...