Click my blog ads!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Turning Point

I had been really busy with my new chapter of life; right after my completion of Diploma in Marketing in Nanyang Polytechnic. Graduation is going on on 21st May and I'm really excited to see my course mates. Whatever feuds we had, I still hope to see everyone there :)

I had been preserving my baby Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma where I bought in Taiwan's XiMenDing. I really don't bear to use them. I asked myself, should I hug them to sleep? And my OCD got awaken and I got reminded of how I may dirty them. Meh. Shall keep them in its packaging then!  

Remember to support Rilakkuma Spree at
www.myblackgarden.com/p/san-x.html 

Actually.. I took up tuition assignments and I declared myself as a full time tutor..

Not exactly surprising to the people who were close with me before because I am a certified Speech & Drama and Creative Writing teacher. I had conducted preschool enrichment teaching in various childcare centers before I went to work in retail line and proceeded to NYP for my Diploma.

The turning point of my life was when I received an SMS for a tuition assignment for Primary 2 English and Mathematics while Swing and I were replenishing our merchandise at JCube. My primary school friends should know how crazy I am for problem sums, especially during the PSLE period where I completed more than what my tutor gave the rest of my class. Everything is clearly presented; models, workings, statements, equations.. Every week I had completed around 40 problem sums from my 3 hours of tuition per week.

I replied my details and the agency called me up to check a few details with me. Within minutes from the time she SMSed me, I was secured with that student and tuition lesson starts in two days' time.

After that, more assignments came and within 2 weeks, I have five tutees to date. Since my first assignment , I had conducted 13 tuition lessons over a period of 9 days(till today). Apart from 2 Singaporean tutees, I have an India tutee and two Korea tutees which made my tutoring experience very enriching as I learnt from them!

I had decided on this path because I don't want to let go of my plans to be an entrepreneur as soon as possible. I can still conduct private tuition and at the same time manage my business. Business plans and ideas had been invading me ever since Polytechnic life started. I need to settle down fast and start working on my dreams.

And business partner, Swing, who had been teaching Heuristic Mathematics for two years, is in favour of my  decision to be a full time private tutor.

More importantly, I can continue to blog and attend events freely.

As a private tutor, I enjoy guiding the kids to know what they have to know and I'm already starting to enjoy the satisfaction as my students understand my teaching and they apply it in their examinations. 

" Teach a man how to fish than to feed him with one. " 
I'm really satisfied with my life now because I find it very enriching to guide someone's life. I might not be a very intelligent student in the past but I know what we can do to score. I don't mind sharing this knowledge with more students. And I really love the fact that I have new friends now :) I want to impact someone's life.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Check this out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...