Click my blog ads!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Different

Left: Taken three years ago at Raffles Country Club dinner
Right: A gift from me to my grandfather during his wedding 
anniversary with my grandmother that he kept in his briefcase

To those who were unaware, my beloved grandfather passed away peacefully on 7th April 2013, on his 88th birthday. I would consider different for me because he doted me the most and now, he is gone from my life forever. Actually, the first close relative to leave my life and the first funeral that I was involved.

We had a lot of memories together because I'm the first grandchild he took care of after his retirement. In his later years where he suffered dementia, I tried my best to accompany him to his follow-ups and also to accompany him during his hospital stay. These memories were all etched deeply. I would always ask him, "Yeye, you love me?" and he will always nod his head and reply, "Love!".

The toughest time was to see him struggle in his last three days. During the wake, I'm pretty much calm and accepting the fact that he is free from pain. My sister consoled me, reminding me that we had no regrets - we were always there for him. That pulled me away from the grief.

Yes, he might be alone now in heaven but he must be feeling proud watching over us. Watching all his 12 grandchildren in university graduation robe, seeing them slowly getting married and starting their family. He lived his life taking care of others and now he just have to watch over us with a smile and need to worry for us.

Our parents continued our Sunday breakfast without my grandfather and we try to make sure everyone comes along. We explored various breakfast locations around Singapore. After our breakfast, we go for walks and sight-seeing. Quite meaningful. I should try to do a weekly Sunday breakfast post.

Oh, our dear dog got to come along!


Note Sheridin and our doggy checking out the map behind!
My dad insisted to have "The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands" taken.

" Yeye, I love you "
and I will still say this everyday.

No comments:

Check this out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...